Information and Communications Technology Intern (Remote)
Job Description: Vinegar Hill Magazine is looking for an Information and Communications Technology Intern to join our growing team. Our mission is to create a more inclusive social narrative for people in the Central Virginia area, and we are looking for someone with a passion for technology, media, and storytelling to help us achieve that mission. The ideal candidate will have some experience in media production and will be eager to learn more. As an intern, you will work on all aspects of media production, including copywriting, email marketing, web development, CRMs, social media management and integration, graphic and document design, and video post-production.
- Assist in copywriting for email marketing campaigns, social media posts, and other digital marketing activities.
- Help manage and integrate different social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Work on marketing automation and CRM, including lead generation and lead nurturing activities.
- Help design and produce various documents and marketing materials, including infographics, presentations, magazines and reports.
- Assist in video production and editing for online and offline use.
- Attend events on an as-needed basis, including photo and video coverage and social media management.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Comfort with technology and an interest in media production.
- Experience with some digital marketing tools, such as social media management and email marketing platforms.
- Ability to work well in a team and be able to work independently as well.
- Passion for storytelling and creating inclusive social narratives.
Compensation: Intern will receive a $2,000 stipend for a 3-month commitment period, with the opportunity to extend based on performance during the internship. This is a fully remote position with optional attendance at events that may arise. To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and what interests you about media production and storytelling to firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: Until Filled)
Vinegar Hill provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.