On Thursday, November 9th, at 6:30 PM, join us for a lively discussion about housing, redevelopment, and real estate in Charlottesville at the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center. Our panelists are experts in the field and will share their insights on the challenges and opportunities facing our community.
- Dr. Wes Bellamy, Chair, Housing Commission
- Sunshine Mathon, CEO, Piedmont Housing Alliance
- Waki Wynn, Board President, AHIP
- Sam Sanders, City Manager, City of Charlottesville
- Joy Johnson, Founder PHAR
- S. Lisa Herndon, President (CAAR)
- The affordable housing crisis in Charlottesville
- The impact of redevelopment on low-income communities
- The role of real estate in the local housing market
- Strategies for creating a more equitable and inclusive housing market
Whether you’re a homeowner, renter, or simply interested in the future of Charlottesville, this event is for you. Our panelists will provide a unique and informed perspective on the housing market and its impact on our community.
What to expect:
The event will begin with a welcome and introductions from the panelists. Following that, the moderator will lead a discussion on the topics listed above. There will also be time for questions from the audience.
We hope to see you at the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center on November 9th for a lively and informative discussion about housing in Charlottesville.
Can I Talk to You C-Ville is generously supported by funding from the American Press Institute